You may receive instructions from or report to different management and supervisory personnel depending on the particular project or your work assignment.
Range of Duties include but are not limited to:
- Abide by company safety rules and safety policies.
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor.
- Carry out Preventive Maintenance program for the shipyard.
- Examination, installation, maintenance, replace or repair of electrical systems or components.
- Maintain, repair and test electrical equipment (e.g. motors and controls, generators, instrumentation, industrial batteries, lighting etc.)
- Test equipment and components for current, continuity and voltage.
- Inspect own work, record quantity, date and sign off work order.
- Troubleshoot industrial control systems and devices.
- Communicate with customers, supervisors and colleagues regarding power requirements.
- Carry out electrical procedures on vessels and all other tasks as required to maintain daily plant operations.
- Assist in keeping equipment in safe working order.
- Record work and complete documentation in accordance with ISO procedures.
- Should like working around marine engines and boats.
- Must be willing to work indoors and outdoors.
- Enjoy working to close and exacting tolerances.
- Must have solid written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work in a team environment, demonstrate a willingness to meet production and quality requirements on a consistent basis.
- Candidates must be capable of doing physically demanding work, are energetic, flexible and possess a strong work ethic.
- Be willing to learn new things on a consistent basis.
- Be familiar with working computerized equipment.
- The ability to work in a fast paced ever-changing environment is an asset.
Education Requirements – Knowledge and Skills:
- Completion of college/CEGEP/ Vocational or technical training.
- WIMIS training.
- Industrial/construction electrician trade certification.
- Journeyman preferred, but apprentice will be considered.
- Experience in a shipyard setting would be a definite asset.
- Red Seal certification would be an asset.
- Safety – You are required to participate and comply with all company safety rules and safe work practices as outlined in the company's safety policy. This includes conducting regular hazard assessments when starting new assignments and when work site conditions dictate.
- Personal Protective Equipment - You are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment that is approved and required for your particular work assignment. Check with your supervisor or safety representative if you are unsure about required PPE.
- ISO Procedures – You are required to participate and comply with all ISO 9001:2008 procedures and documentation as they relate to your position and work assignment.
- Customer Relations - You will from time to time have personal contact with the company's customers. Customers are the most important part of our business. Treat each customer courteously and with respect. It is very important that the directions and opinions of customers are passed on to your supervisor or the company's management when appropriate.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.