Position: CAD Technician
You may receive instructions from or report to different management and supervisory personnel depending on the particular project or your work assignment.
Range of Duties include but are not limited to:
- Abide by company safety rules and safety policies.
- Report to work on time and every day for the described period of your employment.
- Follow prescribed work procedures under direct supervision.
- Ensure you have all proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) required and use them. Safety Glasses, a Hard Hat, Ear Protection, Gloves, and Respiratory Protection will be supplied, but CSA approved work boots with steel toes and appropriate attire are required and to be supplied by the employee.
- Produce schematics, Drawings, and 3D models.
- Assist with material sourcing and procurement procedures.
- Assist with quotations and familiarize yourself with other Syspro functions.
- Perform/Observe any work assigned by supervisors.
- Keep a detailed log of duties performed and time spent completing these tasks.
- Submit a time card for every day worked complete with a breakdown of duties performed and stamped with the time clock with arrivals and departures when available.
- Be prepared to work in different areas of the shipyard and manufacturing facility.
- Report any accidents, injuries, near misses, or safety hazards to a supervisor or manager immediately.
- Properly record work and complete documentation.
- Should like working around marine engines and boats.
- Must be willing to work indoors and outdoors.
- Enjoy working to close and exacting tolerances.
- Must have exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work in a team environment, demonstrate a willingness to meet production and quality requirements on a consistent basis.
- Candidates must be capable of doing physically demanding work, are energetic, flexible and possess a strong work ethic.
- Be willing to learn new things on a consistent basis.
- Be familiar with working computerized equipment.
- The ability to work in a fast paced ever-changing environment is an asset.
Education Requirements – Knowledge and Skills:
- Completion of college or technical training.
- Have extensive experience using CAD Software. Autodesk Inventor experience an asset.
- WIMIS training.
- Experience in a shipyard setting would be a definite asset.
- Safety – You are required to participate and comply with all company safety rules and safe work practices as outlined in the company's safety policy. This includes conducting regular hazard assessments when starting new assignments and when work site conditions dictate.
- Personal Protective Equipment - You are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment that is approved and required for your particular work assignment. Check with your supervisor or safety representative if you are unsure about required PPE.
- ISO Procedures – You are required to participate and comply with all ISO 9001:2008 procedures and documentation as they relate to your position and work assignment.
- Customer Relations - You will from time to time have personal contact with the company's customers. Customers are the most important part of our business. Treat each customer courteously and with respect. It is very important that the directions and opinions of customers are passed on to your supervisor or the company's management when appropriate.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.