Position: Welding Supervisor
You may receive instructions from or report to different management and supervisory personnel depending on the particular project or your work assignment.
Range of Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervise welding department employees in all aspects of work procedures.
- Ensure employees use safe working practices, and adhere to safe standards.
- Communicate CWB welding standards regarding welding procedures to team.
- Monitor and enforce the use of personal protective equipment by welding employees.
- Issue work assignments, determine job priorities and skill requirements for jobs.
- Ensure productive assignments are given to all personnel when possible.
- Assist with the training of new employees and assist management in evaluation of employees.
- Assist with work planning, scheduling, and quoting.
- Resolve production problems and expedite work through the shop and yardand communicate with other department heads.
- Maintain control of shop supplies and record shop expendable usage.
- Keep accurate account of time recorded on jobs.
- Determine material requirements for active jobs and coordinate ordering with Purchasing.
- Ensure welding equipment is in good working condition and organize repairs when necessary.
- Monitor preventive maintenance on welding equipment.
- Organize welding tests for employees and assist with test procedures.
- Organize CWB required audits.
- Deal directly with customers when necessary.
- Provide information required for Work Order preparation.
- Record work and complete documentation in accordance with ISO procedures.
- Perform cutting, fitting and welding procedures as required from time to time.
- All other tasks as required to maintain daily plant operations, as necessary.
- All position CWB welding certification for SMAW and FCAW.
- CWB Welding supervisor CSA W47.1(Steel) and/or CSA W47.2 (Aluminum).
Education Requirements – Knowledge and Skills:
- Completion of college/CEGEP/ Vocational or technical training.
- WIMIS 2015 training.
- Experience in a shipyard setting would be a definite asset.
- Safety – You are required to participate and comply with all company safety rules and safe work practices as outlined in the company's safety policy. This includes conducting regular hazard assessments when starting new assignments and when work site conditions dictate.
- Personal Protective Equipment - You are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment that is approved and required for your particular work assignment. Check with your supervisor or safety representative if you are unsure about required PPE.
- ISO Procedures – You are required to participate and comply with all ISO 9001:2015 procedures and documentation as they relate to your position and work assignment.
- Customer Relations - You will from time to time have personal contact with the company's customers. Customers are the most important part of our business. Treat each customer courteously and with respect. It is very important that the directions and opinions of customers are passed on to your supervisor or the company's management when appropriate.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.