Directly responsible to Shipyard & Manufacturing Managers.
Purpose of Administrative Assistant:
To perform basic administrative tasks and to be the point of contact for customers and stock room. The administrative assistant is to assist the LIFE management team.
Duties for Administrative Assistant include but are not limited to:
· Customer service; answer & transfer phone calls/reply to emails.
· Scan, save & maintain paper and digital files.
· Manage & distribute information.
· Create sales orders, work orders & purchase orders.
· Abide by the company Safety Policy and Quality procedures.
· Work within the ISO 9001:2015 quality system.
· To present yourself in a professional and respectful manner.
· Wear appropriate clothing (business casual attire).
· Be professional, clear, respectful, and competent in all communication forms (email, phone, in person, etc.).
· Data entry into accounting software.
· Working knowledge of the Syspro & accounting software.
· Source material and services from suppliers as requested.
· Ensure the stock/inventory is clean, organized and maintain inventory locations.
· Ensure the customer service area is clean and organized.
· Carry out all other tasks as required to maintain daily plant operations.
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
· Secondary duties as assigned.
Education & Certificates Required
· Business administration certificate or equivalent experience.
· Attention to detail/data entry.
· Software & computer/typing.
· Use Microsoft Word & Excel.
· Report writing and presentation skills.
· Able to work in a fast paced & changing environment.
· Good Communication (verbal and written).
· Safety – You are required to participate and comply with all company safety rules and safe work practices as outlined in the company’s safety policy. This includes conducting regular hazard assessments when starting new assignments and when work site conditions dictate.
· Customer Relations – You will often have personal contact with the company’s customers. Customers are the most important part of our business. Treat each customer courteously and with respect. It is very important that the concerns, directions, and opinions of customers are recorded and passed on to your direct supervisor.
· Personal Protective Equipment – You are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment that is approved and required for your work assignment. Ensure others are also adhering to the appropriate PPE procedures.
· ISO Procedures – You are required to participate and comply with all ISO 9001:2015 procedures and documentation as they relate to your position and work assignment.